Belleville on Bikes (BOB) is an association of concerned citizens and community agencies that have an interest in promoting cycling within the City of Belleville.
BOB believes that increased bicycle use has the potential to:
- Reduce traffic congestion and improve the efficiency of transportation networks
- Improve air quality, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and reduce noise pollution
- Improve the health and vitality of the community
- Enhance our quality of life
BOB strives to create a helpful social and physical environment within the City of Belleville that values the use of bicycles as a convenient, healthy and sustainable form of physical activity and transportation for people of all ages and abilities.
BOB aims to:
- Work with partners to encourage improvements in the built environment that create safe and supportive conditions for cyclists of all ages and abilities.
- Network with community groups with a common interest in cycling issues.
- Promote the benefits of cycling for both citizens and community.
- Raise awareness of the roles and responsibilities of cyclists, motorists and pedestrians alike in creating safe environments for all road users.
- Facilitate communication between cyclists and other bodies such as governments, businesses, community associations.
Participation & Membership
Why we have memberships:
Your membership donation helps fund our activities in the community,
- Bike Month
- Safe cycling education
- Social rides
- Bike valet at events
- You can vote at the Annual General Meeting
- You can run for a position on the Executive
- Join committees and volunteer at events
Participation in BOB is open to anyone who has an interest in cycling.
The BoB Executive is: